"Being together is like catching a sunbeam; each new memory we make reflects light hinting there is more to see and know."

November 30, 2016

A Missionary Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration and it was also our despedida or farewell as we finish our mission here in Lima, Peru. There were about 40 people to share in the Thanksgiving feast, all missionaries from the temple, MTC and office. Joe and I were asked to say a few things, what we learned about our spouse and advice for the other missionaries. I spoke of how Joe is always so quick to help me with whatever I need, a carrot or butter from the store, something I forgot at the office, or to take something to one of the other missionary houses. He would jump right up every time and offer to go … right now. Thank goodness for his bike!!  The advice I gave was to go beyond their corner of the office and get to know the wonderful people we work with there. We had the opportunity to work with all the employees in Finance and love them as our family. We will miss them so much knowing we probably won’t see them again.


Happy Thanksgiving



Even though our schedule is really full the next few weeks, Joe and I have taken the Church challenge to do something of service every day. It just wouldn't seem right not to continue to serve others around us every day. There is a schedule of all different kinds of service in the days until Christmas and tons of ideas on the Church website, so I’m already filling my calendar with continued service opportunities. I’m confident it will bring many rewarding experiences I would not normally do to celebrate the holidays and continue in the missionary spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment